Good manners are as important on the trail and at a walking event as they are at the dining table. Walk graciously.
Our greenways and trails are a special place to visit. Please help us to provide everyone with a positive experience and to preserve these facilities for years to come by keeping the following etiquette guidelines in mind. (All users are also responsible for following any posted rules or ordinances at any facility.)
All Users – please…
- Obey trail signs.
- Always show courtesy to all other trail users.
- Stay to the far right of the trail; pass on the left…unless otherwise posted.
- Listen for others. Headphones may impair your ability to hear and react to potentially dangerous situations, but please be mindful of your music volume.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Do not take up more than half of the trail.
- Remain in single file when trails are congested and in heavy use.
- Stay on the designated path. Do not shortcut the trail.
- Motorized vehicles of any kind are not permitted on the greenways.
- Use proper waste receptacles.
- Don’t pick any flowers or natural foliage along the trail.
Walkers, Runners, and Rollerbladers – please…
- Keep pets on a leash at all times.
- Immediately clean-up after your pet.
- Keep your leashes short; less than three feet.
- Provide plenty of room to allow faster trail users to pass.
- Do not congregate or remain idle, keep moving.
Bicyclists – please…
- Yield to pedestrians at all times.
- Always provide an audible warning when passing.
- Pass on the left.
- Slow down – excessive speeds are dangerous to everyone.
- Use bike lights when riding at night.
- Wear a helmet.
- Ride single file.